Even though buying an air filter for your home heating and air conditioning system is far less than glamorous, it is one of the most important things you can do for your health and your wallet.
Your air filter not only protects your heating and cooling system but cleans the air that you and your family are breathing. Depending on the MERV rating you choose, your new air filter can even remove most of the allergens, pet dander and other lung damaging particles from the air that passes through it. This can give much relief to people who suffer from seasonal or other allergies.
One of the most common reasons for your heating and air conditioning system to fail or consume more energy than it should is a dirty or clogged air filter.
Here are just some of the things that can happen if you run your heating and air conditioning system with a dirty or clogged air filter.
- Air flow to the entire home will be reduced
- Can cause furnace to overheat requiring a service call
- Can cause air conditioning coil to freeze leading to compressor damage and costly repairs
- A badly clogged air filter can even get sucked into the unit causing damage
- Air can bypass a dirty or clogged air filter causing internal components, ducts and vent to collect dust and dirt.
- Air bypassing clogged or dirty air filters can also carry contaminants back into the home that otherwise would have been filtered out.
All of these are serious problems and will cause very expensive repairs that could have been avoided just by changing your air filters.
A new, clean air filter will:
- Reduce energy cost and consumption
- Protect your families lungs from allergens, dust, pet dander and many other harmful particles
- Protect your equipment from dirt and dust
- Protect your ductwork from collecting dirt and dust
- Help prevent unnecessary, costly repair bills
Although it might sound obvious, your air filter needs to be changed as often as it gets dirty. What might be right for your friend or neighbor, may not be right for you. See our page, "How Often Should I Be Changing My Air Filter?" for more information.
There are no products listed under this category.